I just posted the link to the University of Pittsburgh's Chartres Cathedral website, and I'll say a quick word or two about my involvement. Possibly the largest website devoted to a single building, 1,133 of the 3,399 images are large raw digital photographs I shot during a 2 week graduate residency at the cathedral in May 2005. Out of approx. 80 diagrams to explain the different parts of the cathedral, 20 are mine, including 7 interactive diagrams that attempt to both show and describe the complex Captial Frieze of the West Facade, 42 scenes and 100 figures on 20 captials across the 3 portals.
Feel free to explore it and comment here. To see my images, type Philip Maye into the search engine. The site's history and project team are given at the top right of the Chartres Cathedral on MEDART Website option from the homepage. 3,000 hours of my time over 2 years were given to this project, but feedback, particularly at the International Congress on Medieval Studies in Kalamazoo, MI, this year and last, proves that a wide audience continues to use it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment