Friday, September 18, 2009

Week 2: Reading Notes

Apologies to all for posting later in the evening than the 9.30pm deadline. My right knee required a 3 hour appointment with the bone doctor today, requiring a brace to be worn 3 hours a day, and last night was a very necessary choir rehearsal, so this is my first chance after our soon-to-be-4-year-old son went to bed to look through these articles. I'll be better with timeliness next week.

As a preliminary note, I can say I really appreciated getting into the "meat and potatoes" of digital collections, text and image scanning and organization, including digital page imaging organization. One of the areas I need to read more on are the Digital Object Indentifier Systems, described in a surprisingly recent article. I promise more information for next week, but am very interested in reading about both things I have specific experience with, others I'm familiar with and things I'm happy to be exposed to.

1 comment: